A staple of most italian restaurants and homes , chicken piccata is a classic dish that can be served anytime either as a family meal or for a dinner with guests. It pairs well with most wines and can be utilized with a variety of side dishes such as pasta, potatoes or in this case rice. It also goes well with most vegetables such as peas, carrots or green beans. You can use veal as an alternative to chicken if you wish. This recipe serves 4.
5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 lb of chicken breasts ( or veal scallops)
2 Tablespoons flour
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 teaspoon of chopped fresh parsley
4 tablespoons of capers
2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
1. Heat 4 tablespoons of butter in the frying pan
2. Dredge the meat in flour seasoned with salt and pepper
3. Place the meat in a frying pan and cook over high heat for 2 minutes of each side. Transfer the meat to a warm platter.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of butter, parsley, lemon juice and capers to the pan gravy. Scrape the pan well and cook for 2 minutes
5. Pour the sauce over the meat. Serve immediately.